• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

First line of defense, Tactical Dog Thread!

Yeah, its gonna be weird... The kids wanna get into 4H, but some of the goats worth showing are like $150 to $300. So if they can help with raisin this one and remain enthusiastic after the shine wears off, we'll think about gettin another one.

hmm...that reminds me of when my neighbor used to have a goat named memorial and my brothers dog (chick)magnet.....memorial died during one winter here. and my bro's dog went into the woods on day and brought back it's back leg and left it for me on the deck... the neighbor had buried it out there. obviously not deep enough.

I know its hard to do, but even in the winter you gotta get em in the ground. Otherwise, your dog starts bringin back pieces! :lol:

For the record, Judge and Gidget I refer to in my last post are the 2 dogs pictured in my first post of this thread. Judge is the big mostly white male, Gidget is the freak in the weight pull harness.

Rossignol said:
Yeah, its gonna be weird... The kids wanna get into 4H, but some of the goats worth showing are like $150 to $300. So if they can help with raisin this one and remain enthusiastic after the shine wears off, we'll think about gettin another one.

You never know man, hopefully it'll last. Sometimes these little interests can turn into bigger things.

My neice begged my sister for a rabbit for a year or so before she finally ended up with one. She eventually got into showing rabbits in 4H all through school and now she's goin into veterinary school.

Lazy, youre absolutely right!

The kids have so many things goin on right now, I dont know where their interests will finally settle. Hunting, shooting, (competition shooting is among the interests), dogs, goats, 4H?, softball and practices constantly, marching band practices constantly and camp, etc...

Dont know where it will all go from here! :D

^ I'm not sure. She's in the Air Force and just got back to the States from the last few years in Guam. They're in Abilene now so I'm sure it'll be a school in or around west Texas. Probably specialize in equine though, she's always been at home with our family's horses.

Good deal, I did my clinical year of Vet school at Texas A&M and loved it there.

We are getting a dog ! He is 80% Timber Wolf, 10% Husky and 10% Norwegian Elkhound. Should be ready to come home at the end of September. We are stoked.

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    14.3 KB · Views: 166
Grew up around dogs and never had one of my own. Plus you guys got me thinking about better security. I want to train him up good so any tips are appriciated .Leashes, collars, techniques, food or whatever you all had good luck with .
My Dads dog was half Arctic Wolf so I have a good idea how a wolf acts . Pecking order is real important to them , and establishing that you are the leader of the pack is real key.

Grew up with an 75/25 (timber wolf/malamute) as a kid. He was the smartest pup I ever came in contact with. You could see in his eyes he was always working things out, always thinking. Took to commands like he spoke English, scary smart. He was one helluva a great guard dog and companion.

I know you're gonna be pleased with your new pup...

Thanks, same with my Dads dog. Arctic and Malamute. Almost too smart and one of the best dogs ever. I always felt safe in the darkest woods with him. Once as a kid he scared me though. We were miles from home and all of a sudden he alerted something. He smelled the air and did a 180 and hauled ass out of there. I boogied too because if he didn’t want nothing to do with it neither did I LOL....he feared nothing

Here's my first line of defense...Brook the Wonder Dog !! ( yea, she's wondering why I'm all up in her face with that damn camera ! :roll: )

20081224_0707-1.jpg

She's a 10 year old mix of yellow lab and beagle...( don't ask...) who is shown resting up after finishing her dinner...a 300lb sumo wrestler.

20081224_0720-1.jpg

She's actually a very mellow dog...but don't let those good looks fool ya...she can get very protective real quick !!...then she's gotta take a nap because that BS just wears her right out...!!

20081224_0719-1.jpg

All right...just back up real slow....easy...easy.... ;)

=================================================================

Here's my ferocious beast! She's a Jack Russel and Dachshund mix. VERY hyper, and will bark at a cricket farting, let alone anyone approaching our house.

DSCN0178.jpg

DSCN0229.jpg

DSCN0225.jpg

Back