• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Less than Lethal shotgun shell for the first round.

I live out in the sticks, I can give you the corn report as in How high is it. There isn't even a stoplight in my town. 6-8 weeks ago, another home invasion. Poor girl and her dog got tazed and beat down by 3 masked thugs. It could have turned out much worse for her! Thank God it didn't. NO LTL in my house 3" oo buck and .45 acp all the way. I'm in Southern MD on the Chesapeake Bay. Phipp

I have no problem living and working in Baltimore and given the scope and nature of my job description, I really couldn't be in a better place.

I have no problem living and working in Baltimore and given the scope and nature of my job description, I really couldn't be in a better place.

Just a question: I read the scenario on your site and it's well stated and thought out - http://www.shotenarmory.com/tactical-support-center.php . I'm curious tho, given that a great many people live in small apartments/mobile homes, etc. I'm wondering if you might work up a similar scenario for those people. Say a single young mother with a couple kids living in a 800sqft apt. as a contrast to the 2 story suburban home. The reason I ask, is that here in MS, we recently passed a law (HB314 ) which would forbid managers of public housing from prohibiting gun ownership by tenants, and the vast majority of this kind of housing does not have building security.

From HB314: http://www.legislature.ms.gov/Pages/default.aspx

SECTION 3. Section 45-9-51, Mississippi Code of 1972, is amended as follows:
45-9-51. (1) Subject to the provisions of Section 45-9-53, no county or municipality may adopt any ordinance that restricts * * * the possession, carrying, transportation, sale, transfer or ownership of firearms or ammunition or their components.

(2) No public housing authority operating in this state may adopt any rule or regulation restricting a lessee or tenant of a dwelling owned and operated by such public housing authority from lawfully possessing firearms or ammunition or their components within individual dwelling units or the transportation of such firearms or ammunition or their components to and from such dwelling.

LTL for personal / home protection strikes me as a great way to get sued by the perp. If you shoot, it should be to stop the threat, not to give the threat a second chance.

That's good to hear. Sorry about that...I didn't mean to come off as so insulting of your home town.

Just a question: I read the scenario on your site and it's well stated and thought out - http://www.shotenarmory.com/tactical-support-center.php . I'm curious tho, given that a great many people live in small apartments/mobile homes, etc. I'm wondering if you might work up a similar scenario for those people. Say a single young mother with a couple kids living in a 800sqft apt. as a contrast to the 2 story suburban home. The reason I ask, is that here in MS, we recently passed a law (HB314 ) which would forbid managers of public housing from prohibiting gun ownership by tenants, and the vast majority of this kind of housing does not have building security.

From HB314: http://www.legislature.ms.gov/Pages/default.aspx
GuunyGene, absolutely. The situation you depicted is one which occurs and women alone with children are indeed vulnerable. I have multiple meetings today (Thursday) and Friday morning and after that, I will reread your post and the legalities you posted and there will be no problem. Glad to do it, GunnyGene. I'm looking forward to it.

GuunyGene, absolutely. The situation you depicted is one which occurs and women alone with children are indeed vulnerable. I have multiple meetings today (Thursday) and Friday morning and after that, I will reread your post and the legalities you posted and there will be no problem. Glad to do it, GunnyGene. I'm looking forward to it.

Thanks for taking this on. I don't know if any of the companies like yours, that are based in MS, have done anything similar, so might be worth sharing. Let me know if that would be something you would be willing to do.

Btw, there's another bill passed last year that permits open carry with no CCW, or other licensing requirement, that you might want to take a look at in connection with this.

HB2: http://billstatus.ls.state.ms.us/2013/pdf/history/HB/HB0002.xml

Last edited:
I hear ya Shoten that's a target rich environment for a person with your skills! LOL
All kidding aside, I won't go to Baltimore for one I don't know my way around. Two my life is too steep a price to pay for getting lost. Phipp

I think the OP is making too many assumptions regarding what will be going through an intruder's mind if confronted with an armed homeowner. I just think there are too many variables in this scenario to prepare for anything less than the worst.

And precedent goes out the window with each break in. I don't want to be the first homeowner in a small quiet town that gets killed in a robbery.

Like he said though, he can always jack out the hacky sack in favor of lead. Hopefully he'll have the time.

Back