• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Mossberg 590 Pump Action Mag Tubes: Extensions and Springs

Suggestions on Springs?

wolf is backordered for 2 weeks...I could hold off, but was wondering if anyone had experience with another spring they would like to share?

Thanks

Re: Suggestions on Springs?

.......just sit tight for the Wolf sir unless you have to have it before then maybe try Mossberg direct.

Re: Suggestions on Springs?

MossLvR said:
The mag spring I would hazard.......just sit tight for the Wolf sir unless you have to have it before then maybe try Mossberg direct.

thanks MossLvR, I was leaning that way...thank you for the reply

Need 590 Shell Holder Recomendation

Want to get a shell holder for the 590a1 but need some advice. Will the Mesa 6 shot interfere with the stock forend? Is there anything that is close in quality but less money?

Re: Need 590 Shell Holder Recomendation

C.Edwards said:
Want to get a shell holder for the 590a1 but need some advice. Will the Mesa 6 shot interfere with the stock forend? Is there anything that is close in quality but less money?
My preferred side saddle for my 590 is the ESSTAC 7 round shot shell card w/Velcro hook on the back and industrial adhesive Velcro brand from Walmart. Easy to take care of, easy to remove if necessary and inexpensive. Since I shoot left handed, I push up on the back two shells to keep the trigger clear.

IMG_0582.jpg

IMG_0587.jpg

The Vang Comp shell holder is real similar to that, thats a nice one too.

I was given a TacStar 4 round shell holder which suits me fine. The 6 round sometimes has issues with forends that overlap the receiver some. If thats the case, there is a fairly easy fix by drilling a couple new holes 1/2" forward on the shell holder.

The Mesa may be the same, but I dont know you would have the option to drill new holes due to its construction.

LazyEyedSniper on here did a thread for the fix on that TacStar. It may be in the 500 section... I'll take a look for it as soon as I'm able! ;)

Here's a picture of my Mesa 6 shot with the stock forend racked to the rear position. The Mesa is held on with a keyhole slot in the front and a screw in the back so there's no way to modify how it sits on the receiver. You shouldn't have any issues as long as your forend doesn't overlap the receiver.

IMG_0233small.jpg

mko1024 said:
Here's a picture of my Mesa 6 shot with the stock forend racked to the rear position. The Mesa is held on with a keyhole slot in the front and a screw in the back so there's no way to modify how it sits on the receiver. You shouldn't have any issues as long as your forend doesn't overlap the receiver.

IMG_0233small.jpg

Thanks I should be good to go!

Is it fairly easy to get the shells out? Also would the stay put if the gun was tossed around?

Rossignol said:
LazyEyedSniper on here did a thread for the fix on that TacStar. It may be in the 500 section... I'll take a look for it as soon as I'm able! ;)

Here ya go...

LAZY EYED SNIPER said:
I picked up a Tacstar saddle and immediately noticed that the forend was hitting the base when retracting the pump. A simple mod will take care of the problem. I've always been one for the quick and easy fix whenever possible. Here's a pic of my TacStar mod for reference...

All I had to do was drill a second hole 1/2" (center to center) inside the existing hole at the rear of the base plate. Drilling it slightly smaller than the others will eliminate the need for a nut to secure the screw. There is now plenty of room for clearance in the action using my aftermarket forend. The whole process took less than five minutes. I've fired several hundred rounds through this 590 and have had no movement in the TacStar at all...

C.Edwards said:
Thanks I should be good to go!

Is it fairly easy to get the shells out? Also would the stay put if the gun was tossed around?

I have only had it on there for a month and have shot perhaps 50 rounds since it was installed. They are stuck in there pretty well with a rubber tube insert that holds them in place. As for ease of removal, the only thing I have noticed so far is that they are close together so reliably pulling one shell at a time is going to take some practice.

Mesa warns in the documentation that the rubber tube will soften up over time if you leave the shells in there all the time. I haven't noticed that yet, so time will tell.

LAZY EYED SNIPER said:
Rossignol said:

Here ya go...

LAZY EYED SNIPER said:
I picked up a Tacstar saddle and immediately noticed that the forend was hitting the base when retracting the pump. A simple mod will take care of the problem. I've always been one for the quick and easy fix whenever possible. Here's a pic of my TacStar mod for reference...

All I had to do was drill a second hole 1/2" (center to center) inside the existing hole at the rear of the base plate. Drilling it slightly smaller than the others will eliminate the need for a nut to secure the screw. There is now plenty of room for clearance in the action using my aftermarket forend. The whole process took less than five minutes. I've fired several hundred rounds through this 590 and have had no movement in the TacStar at all...

Hey LES.. You had to mod the 6 Shot Tac-Star because you are running the UTG Tri-Rail, right? There was no way the UTG would cycle completely w/the 6 shot or was it just too close for comfort?

Reason I ask is because, I bought the 4 shot on a whim because it was right infront of me at a shop. I want the 6 shot but really dont wanna mess w/it where as I also have the UTG forend. I also wonder if the Mesa saddle will work because it looks like it sits a little further back than the Tac- Star brand.

Re: Mossberg 590 Pump Action Mag Tubes: Extensions and Sprin

^ Nope, wouldn't cycle without the mod...

Re: Mossberg 590 Pump Action Mag Tubes: Extensions and Sprin

Think I'm going to grab a couple of the Wolff Srings for my 590A1 as well, thanks for the info gents.

590A1 18.5 mag extension.

What one do I want for a flush fit with the BBL

Would pefer +2 but if +1 is all I can get that works to.

Midway has a +2 would that go past the BBL

Back