• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Mossberg 715T Magazines and Mag Troubleshooting

Snowman said:
I have a small engineering company. We recently designed a magazine for the AR-15 for a customer. Would there be interest (for the 715T) in A) a high quality 25 or 30 round magazine, B) a high quality mag release mechanism ? I would expect pricing to be similar to original equipment but with superior functionality and durability.

The fact that the factory mags are extremely scarce, and the ones that are available are for the most grossly overpriced, I think an alternative of better quality would be extremely popular with the 715t/702 user base.

I am afraid Bass Pro Shops no longer carries the magazine. Their site has returned nothing for 1-2 weeks. Hopefully I am wrong.

t00thless said:
I am afraid Bass Pro Shops no longer carries the magazine. Their site has returned nothing for 1-2 weeks. Hopefully I am wrong.

One reason Bass Pro might be able to maintain store stock, it appears they keep that inventory separate from the online store.

lazy eyed sniper, good to know. unfortunately, no BPS anywhere near me. consider buying some, adding 5$ and selling them on here... if the site allows that kind of thing. :D

hopefully basspro.com gets the mags back

Tried that.

Posted up a thread in this section offering mags at my cost plus shipping several months ago when they were hardest to find and were selling for double retail. The thread went a week and a half with no takers and not so much as a reply. Deleted the thread and returned the mags.

Have you tried calling Mossberg sales to order directly from them...

(800) 363-3555

Can someone tell me where they purchased a speed loader? I cannot find one - searched the net and nothing!!! I have 10 round mags (California) and I can hand load... but would like a loader. :p
I Googled and saw one on ebay but it was already SOLD - two years ago!

I even contacted Mossberg. He told me the same loader that works on the 25 mag. That wasn't what I 'd asked. :shock:

Appreciate any advice.

thank you!!

Debbi26 said:
Can someone tell me where they purchased a speed loader? I cannot find one - searched the net and nothing!!! I have 10 round mags (California) and I can hand load... but would like a loader. :p
I Googled and saw one on ebay but it was already SOLD - two years ago!

I even contacted Mossberg. He told me the same loader that works on the 25 mag. That wasn't what I 'd asked. :shock:

Appreciate any advice.

thank you!!

Are you talking about the little black plastic thing that slips over the top of the mag and helps in loading it?

If so, one always comes with a new 25rd mag and I have a couple. It also works on my 10rd mags.

PM me your addy and I'll put one in an envelope and mail it to ya if you want.

Ok a report on my first day at the range with this gun. Let us just say...it was way less than enjoyable. It was totally impossible to bring the scope into calibration as originally mounted. Max. right windage adjustment still left me nearly 8" left. So I had to pop for another $30 for a set of Millet scope mounts. Finally after over an hour of mount removal and remount I was finally able to get a reasonable 3-4" pattern at 50yds. The come the feeds problems. About 1 out of every 6-8 rounds did not feed properly. I attribute this to the absolute miserable design and quality of the magazine along with the guns Magazine retention. I hope this gets better.

I could only get 24 in then i unloaded it and sprayed remoil in it to loosen it up per my granpa's advice and i could only fit 21 lol...Fired great though. I hear if you load the mag then put a dab of gorilla glue where the follower meets the spring that helps too.

Get an old credit card and cut a strip of it (long ways) that is about the width of the "viewing window" on the plastic portion of the magazine. When you get enough rounds into the mag to where it becomes difficult to load, insert the plastic strip through that opening and between the red follower and the bottom round. Gently push the red follower down slightly from both sides using the plastic strip and you will be able to finish loading the 25 rounds. Be careful not to push it down too much or the top rounds will start to tip up.

Back