• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Range Bags and Carry Cases

Re: blue mossberg case

Sn3aKyGuY said:
hardcase.jpg

http://www.havlinsales.com/access.htm
Mossberg blue fitted hardcase holds Models 500®, 590®, 835®, 5500®, 9200®, plus two barrels, up to 12 chokes, sling, owner’s manual and cable lock. A great gift for the sporting enthusiast in your family. See photo to the right. $49.99 Close Out
Ships UPS oversize, $22.

I saw some where on shotgunworld.com that you can order this from Mossberg for ~$12 ... for what it's worth.
I finally looked at havlin's website. I thought it was a gray version of mine until I realized it was a B&W picture.

OK, who needs 12 choke tubes? Cyl, IC, Mod, IM, Full, X full, XX full, Skeet, Skeet 2 and you still have a few places to fill up...

norcal_590 said:
Anyone know if those are TSA approved for travel?
probably not.
the hinges aren't very robust. I think you could break into it quite easily.

I've seen cases for sets of 6 choke tubes, 12 seems crazy lots of choke tubes!!!

They don't even make 12 different chokes for one single model. I guess you could keep spares.

Re: Range Bags

LAZY EYED SNIPER said:
I carry my pistol range gear in a large Canon camera bag...

I like the padded dividers for separating pistols and ammo...

There's a wide pocket underneath the lid that's perfect for my extended mags...

The side pockets hold about a dozen mags each...

The front pocket is perfect for carrying eye protection, ear plugs, tools, etc...

Awesome! :D

My wife is going to be Pissed when she can't find Her Camera bag :mrgreen:

Re: Range Bags

catnphx said:
You guys are great in posting images ... I have to steal pictures. :oops:

Here is my main range bag ... this Midway USA bag works fantastic. It has about 14 magazine slots, 9 pockets, a removable bag, 2 pistol rugs, and more. Yesterday, I carried 3 pistols (in cases), 20 magazines, 2 electronic ear muffs, 2 water bottles, hundreds of bullets, eye protection, etc... and much more. I got it on sale for about $32 a few months ago.

259680.jpg

I've got the same bag which I use if I'm going for pistol practice. They are a great value when you get them on sale. I've got a padded bull dog case for my shotgun. I usually carry a sling bag for ammo if I'm going to practice with the big dog.

Any suggestions for hard carry case for Mossberg 500?

For those of you who have a knoxx stock or a talom tactical stock. What kind of gun case (preferrably the hard type) do you guys carry it in and where did you buy it? Everywhere I have looked around here does not have one that will fit. Right now I have to carry it around in one of those gun socks for tactical rifles. My concern with that is that I have to carry the shotgun around in my trunk and I need a way to keep it from getting dinged up while being jostled around. I guess if there was a way I could hang it up in the trunk of the lincoln the gun sock would be okay. Until I figure that out though I need a hard case for it. Any suggestions?

Re: Any suggestions for hard carry case for Mossberg 500?

Lazy had posted some stuff he used for traveling.

Plano is a decent case, and you can get the pillar locking type. I use a Plano hard case, but not pillar locking, I can put 2 full length shotguns in it.

Okay, I will check those out and check the measurements on them. I am trying to keep it under 115.00 if possible.

I was just looking for one the other day at Bass Pro Shop. They have a Plano (non-pillar locking model) that holds two long guns for $50 - $60.

You can pick up a Plano Protector Series Pillar-lock case for under $50! I picked mine up at Academy Sports for $39.99...

It's sturdy enough for me to feel comfortable transporting my AR when flying, so it'd be well suited for trunk travel. They make several different sizes that can be found at Academy, Dick's Sporting Goods, Bass Pro, Cabellas, etc.

LAZY EYED SNIPER said:
You can pick up a Plano Protector Series Pillar-lock case for under $50! I picked mine up at Academy Sports for $39.99...

It's sturdy enough for me to feel comfortable transporting my AR when flying, so it'd be well suited for trunk travel. They make several different sizes that can be found at Academy, Dick's Sporting Goods, Bass Pro, Cabellas, etc.

Academy was one place I didnt check. We have one about 30 minutes away.

There is a pillar lock one with straps that holds two guns on amazon for around 50 dollars. It is also a plano.

I might suggest laying it out the way you want and making measurements. Then check out Pelican Cases and make you a custom case.

I don't have one for mine yet but I do have 2 other Pelican cases and they have taken a beating and still work fine.

They do sell direct.

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using Tapatalk

nasa said:
I might suggest laying it out the way you want and making measurements. Then check out Pelican Cases and make you a custom case.

I don't have one for mine yet but I do have 2 other Pelican cases and they have taken a beating and still work fine.

They do sell direct.

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using Tapatalk

I have it measured (the gun) and if I remember corectly which I may not it is 36" in length and the width with the ghost rings and pistol grip and stock makes it 22" most of the ones I have seen were only about 14" wide.

That sounds a bit much for width. I can't imagine it being much more than 12 inches, My Spec-Ops with 40mm scope on see through rings on my 835 is only 10 wide but 47-1/2 long. I know you were not wanting to spend that much money but I was thinking about DW3300 - 50" L x 14.0" W x 6.0" H from Pelican. http://www.pelican-case.com/472-pwc-dw3300-blk-blk.html. Built to hold 2 weapons and inner soft case doubles as a shooting pad.

Designed to fit into the Pelican Storm Case Model iM3300
Lightweight & maneuverable
#1000 Denier Cordura® Nylon (Non-Moisture Absorbment & Abrasion Resistant)
Nylon-Mounted & Triple Stitched Handles
#9 Heavy-Duty YKK® Zipper
Room for oversized scopes
Room for 2 weapons (2 muzzle cones & four securing straps)
Removable Zipped Pouch (ammunition & accessory storage)
Additional Pouch Attachment Points (Utilizes MOLLE® System)
High-Density Padded with Closed-Cell 3/8" Foam
Detachable padded shoulder strap
Functions as shooting mat.

I love my Pelican cases but apart from the price, their one drawback is that they are heavy as #@&%. They're perfect for transporting or storing firearms, but I think they're overkill for the occasional range trip.

I do like the model nasa posted with the removeable inner soft case/shooting pad. That's pretty cool...

nasa said:
That sounds a bit much for width. I can't imagine it being much more than 12 inches, My Spec-Ops with 40mm scope on see through rings on my 835 is only 10 wide but 47-1/2 long. I know you were not wanting to spend that much money but I was thinking about DW3300 - 50" L x 14.0" W x 6.0" H from Pelican. http://www.pelican-case.com/472-pwc-dw3300-blk-blk.html. Built to hold 2 weapons and inner soft case doubles as a shooting pad.

Designed to fit into the Pelican Storm Case Model iM3300
Lightweight & maneuverable
#1000 Denier Cordura® Nylon (Non-Moisture Absorbment & Abrasion Resistant)
Nylon-Mounted & Triple Stitched Handles
#9 Heavy-Duty YKK® Zipper
Room for oversized scopes
Room for 2 weapons (2 muzzle cones & four securing straps)
Removable Zipped Pouch (ammunition & accessory storage)
Additional Pouch Attachment Points (Utilizes MOLLE® System)
High-Density Padded with Closed-Cell 3/8" Foam
Detachable padded shoulder strap
Functions as shooting mat.

Like I said I may not recall correctly. It has been a couple weeks since I measured it.

Indeed the one nasa just posted is nice. Unfortunately it is out of my price range though. I may just hit up academy sports and see what they have at the one here.

Back