• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Range Bags and Carry Cases

I wanted a smaller hard carrying case than the 48" one i first bought for the Tactical .22. I got what i was after...i had to cut the center pillar away on the top and bottom to make it fit without removing the stock. It is still a tight fit because of the height of the carry handle opposite of the grip. At least it fits in my trunk now, my car is very small. Also, it's easier to carry along with range supplies and a pistol or two. Thanks for the suggestions on good gear bags, i definitely need one. Here's the Plano 1535 case stuffed with the .22

Attachments

• mbergtac22c.jpeg
    mbergtac22c.jpeg
    55.2 KB · Views: 994
Finally pulled the trigger on a range bag. I bought the Voodoo Tactical Scorpion Range Bag from Quartermaster for $29.99 with free shipping that was $30 less than anywhere else I checked. The bag is 16"L x 10"W x 11"H. I wanted the Midway bag but every time I went to buy it the price went up and as I said before the shipping was $15.00 so in total it would have cost more than $60.

http://www.qmuniforms.com/Brands/VooDoo ... ge-Bag.axd

Use code SHIPFREE I was very surprised it worked.

Ammo/Accessory Case?

This is my lockable case i carry/store my gun in.
I'm kind of looking for a bag to store ammo, eye n ear protection, the bayonet, and some small gun cleaning products in. Maybe something easily accessible and easy to carry around, so I could take it to the range instead of having to throw all my stuff in a backpack. Anybody own one, know of one, or know where I can buy one?

thanksthanks!

Attachments

• 427634_10150581853935653_560710652_9204788_1589704301_n.jpg
    427634_10150581853935653_560710652_9204788_1589704301_n.jpg
    56.1 KB · Views: 577
Re: Ammo/Accessory Case?

I carry my ammo and range gear in a large Canon camera bag...

I like the padded dividers for separating pistols, ammo, mags, etc...

There's a wide pocket underneath the lid that's perfect for extended mags...

The side pockets hold up to a dozen mags each...

The front pocket is perfect for carrying eye protection, ear plugs, tools, etc...

omg thats perfect. But arent those camera bags expensive? Lol only if they made exactly that but with intentions for guns.

They can be a bit high priced, but no more so than purpose built range bags. I picked mine up several years back for around $50...

I carry ammo in Reusable Stop & Shop bags.
Cant beat the cost .99 cents each.

If you want to find a cheap bag, go to your local Goodwill or Disabled Vets store.

Almost as cheap (and one of my favorite range/ammo/etc bags) is the SWAT Responder Bag from Cheaper than Dirt: http://www.cheaperthandirt.com/BAG158-1.html

You might also want to reconsider storing your shotgun (or any firearm) in a foam-padded case. Foam hods moisture. Moisture destroys finishes.

Ripsnorter said:
Musenyeri said:
You might also want to reconsider storing your shotgun (or any firearm) in a foam-padded case. Foam hods moisture. Moisture destroys finishes.

+1

A safe really is the best place to store your guns.
But remember, even the best safe needs a DEHUMIDIFER system in it.
I use one of these. Great price and is rechargeable for years!

http://evadry.reachlocal.com/?scid=1277 ... 7189351489

Back