• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Rimfire Rifle Pics and Discussion (non-Mossberg)

Re: Umarex HK MP5 A2 22LR

John A. said:
ATI settled with HK out of court about the GSG several years back. And it didn't help them that the ATF classified one version of their fake silencer as a real silencer that required returning the gun for a retrograde either.

more about that here if you are interested in reading it:
http://oa2.org/Forum/viewtopic.php?f=47&t=10119

But in all fairness, there are several companies that make "clones" in various calibers.

The 22 clones are vastly different in numerous ways from the larger calibers that HK makes. It's just the Umarex "looks" like it on the outside. But I understand the bolt and the interior channels and the likes on the 22 are very different from the HK design.

On the HK version of this style weapon, if the buttstock wiggles even a little, will almost certainly gaurantee that you will experience cycling failures.

I think HK was butthurt with the GSG because it was so successful, and the actual HK 22 trainers that used conversion kits in the 70's were generally a marketing FLOP.

Bad timing I suppose.
You are right the stock wiggles but only if you grab it and move it by hand. Once is on your shoulder is very steady unless you force it to wobble. I'm not expecting the internal to be like the real HK MP5 there is no way. I just got the A2 full stock and it feels completely different. No more wobble and its easy to sight in. I tried to make this rifle jam by shooting with one hand only, rapid fire and it has not let me down. I did alot of research between this one and gsg. This one is more reliable and better constructed at least from the research i did. I don't mind getting a gsg in the future and test it out myself.

Yeah HK kinda saw the sucess with the gsg and decided to take a piece of the pie.

I'm glad the full size stock fits better. I think they're more comfortable than the collapsibles like you have in your first pic. Those are just down right uncomfortable and have an awful cheek weld to boot.

Maybe not so bad sawing on your jaw with a 22, but putting something more down the pipe and you'll notice it pretty quickly.

I don't think the stock wiggle will affect the 22 like it will the 9mm version just because of how they're made.

The 9mm version recoil spring/guide rod butts up against the inside of the stock and why you'd get cycling issues on the real ones if they're loose in any way because there will be improper tension.

I'm also glad that yours is reliable. I've heard good things about all of the 22 versions of that gun. It would be a fun gun to suppress.

IMGP2877.jpg

IMGP2876.jpg

Congrats, that is a very cool looking .22.

Looks like a good one! I really like my GSG-5. I got the 1st anniversary edition so its titanium colored instead of black. It shoots off the stick mags all day but the drum i have had to tweak to get it to shoot correctly.

232323232%7Ffp53568%3Enu%3D8%3B%3A2%3E%3A55%3E239%3EWSNRCG%3D388368%3A26732%3Anu0mrj

bsipes30 said:
Looks like a good one! I really like my GSG-5. I got the 1st anniversary edition so its titanium colored instead of black. It shoots off the stick mags all day but the drum i have had to tweak to get it to shoot correctly.

232323232%7Ffp53568%3Enu%3D8%3B%3A2%3E%3A55%3E239%3EWSNRCG%3D388368%3A26732%3Anu0mrj
nice one! i was looking into buying one of those but they wanted way too much for it and it was used. I heard the same that the drum takes some tweaking.

Prescision rimfire bolt action rifles

Are there any rimfire bolt actions out there that have "tactical" aftermarket stocks with excellent accuracy? I'm looking for something I can build up. I was looking at the savage 93 and the tacticool stock but I'm not sure how accurate the 93 action is.

Re: Prescision rimfire bolt action rifles

Savage has a MKII with a "tactical" style stock, 20" or 18" barrel, and it gets great reviews for OTB accuracy. There are even threaded models if you plan on a muzzle device.

Savage MKII-TR is the model name.
A lower cost rifle is the FV-SR, same action and barrel but tradition stock.
I had a Plain Jane MKII bolt action from walmart, $165 I think, and it was Minute of Shotshell at 50 yards with Iron Sights and even better with a scope out too 125yds on Ground Hogs :)

That's the type of stock I was thinking about. Thanks! How's the aftermarket on it? I love to personalize haha.

Used to have a Marlin XT22 VR model and put a boyds tacticool stock on it. Great OTB shooter and I easily got one hole shots at 50yds. Bolt was decent and it has an adjustable trigger. Mags were hard to find though.

Yeah, I've looked at the Savage MKIIFV SR (suppressor ready) comes with a threaded 1/2-28 barrel to attach a silencer.

That would make an awesome little gun.

Don't know about aftermarket stocks and stuff, but I'd be happy with it right outta the box.

That would be awesome but suppressors are 100% illegal in NY. :cry: How is the ruger 10/22 (I know its semi :) )

I hear that Ruger 10/22 almost need some kind of modification to match Marlin or Savage OTB. I don't personally know however haha just stuff I hear :p

As for aftermarket... it isn't the 10/22 but their are options available. Stocks from Boyds are the most prominent, of course.

I saw the Boyd's stock and its the stock I'm looking for.

Voila! :D haha
I'd stand by Savage if I had too pick one manufacturer for a rimfire. I have also heard many, many great things about the Marlin XT22 series!

I'm torn between the 10/22 and its wide range of aftermarket and the savage mark II OTB quality. :roll:

Not a bolt action, but I love my little Remy 597...

It'll consistently put shots through the same hole. Here's one of the best groups so far, measures 1/8" shot from 50yd...

Back