• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Smith & Wesson

13201858715_0fe4c91d07.jpg

Figured out the zero on the 642 at 7 yards. I feel very confident with it now. Putting whiteout on the front post made a huge difference in aiming.

Damn you fliers!!!

13202001093_517b133a2a.jpg

I'm glad I didn't have a drink in my hand or it'd be all over my keyboard right now.

Holy crap dude, that was funny. I've gotta party with you someday...

I'm glad I didn't have a drink in my hand or it'd be all over my keyboard right now.

Holy crap dude, that was funny. I've gotta party with you someday...

lol… and what everyone always forgets… there isn't music in the woods. I did that all improv. You get a bit silly after over 100 miles on the trail with little contact with other people.

Haha, I'd imagine so.

I just figured you might have snacked on a few happy berries or some of those funky mushrooms...

Ha Ha Ha, that was great. Thanks for sharing it.

I'm glad the white out worked for you. I hope you find a gunsmith.

LI, NY has no gunsmiths available. I'd have to go out of state or send it in to XS sight systems. And ya know after the range day I had.... I can live with it.

@Water Monkey - That video just made my day. I'm sitting my office with tears running down may face. LMAO.

Was it just me or do I see a bit of your martial arts training slipping in there in a few spots?

Ha glad I could make ya'll smile ;)

I should be on a hike the end of April after Easter. See how this neck thing works out. If I am…. Water Monkey is going wild.

Now back on topic…. I ended up losing the 2 quick strips after our range trip… cause I'm a sped. So I ordered a few more and while I was at it I grabbed a couple of safari land speed loaders. Why not…. I could be rocking cargo pants sometimes.

Picked up my 158gr Hornady Custom JHP from my FFL dealer today… FUAC/FU Safe Act.

Used a new FFL dealer. Dude rock was a sweetheart. Only shipped 75 rounds so he didn't charge me at all. Big Patriot! Will do business with him again and soon!

Nice!

It's great you found someone that's doing the right thing bro. Too many folks are taking advantage of the situation and only interested in financial gain...

w00t ~~ just came home with a 34-y/o freckled humpback

Sounds like a really bad drunken date from hell, doesn't it???? Hahahhaaa!

No.... it's not that embarrassing. Really. I mean it.

I just went to my LGS after the night shift and bought a Smiff&Western Model 49 "no-dash" Bodyguard with a pinned barrel and a very little bit of surface rust I call "freckling" which will mostly rub out with some TLC.

The "no-dash" Model 49 was the first all-steel version of the original "humpback" Model 38 Airweight Bodyguard which debuted in 1955. The all-steel Model 49 came later in 1959. The gun I got is an orignal "no-dash" model with a pinned barrel before S&W started changing the Model 49.

When I was young I really didn't care for the humpback design of these M49 Bodyguard J-Frames (I honestly thought it was butt-ugly) but now that I am a bit more wiser the all-steel SA/DA Bodyguard has for years held a fascination for me that I just couldn't shake. Unlike my Centennial Airweight 442 .38-SPL snubbie which is a DAO gun, I can cock the hammer on my "new" 49 for single action fire. Yet the gun is absolutely snagless within a pocket and can actually be emptied from deep cover without a malf, which no exposed hammer revolver can do nor can any semi-auto pistol lay claim to having that ability!!!

This one looks and checks out like it was bought to be a nightstand gun and was put away without ever being fired (or oiled, unfortunately). Too bad there is some minor surface rust, but damn this thing is righteous inside and out otherwise.

Oh.... let me tell you what I paid for this slightly dirty girl................

$275 CASH OTD

That's a great deal on that sweet revolver. Congratulations.

I'll bet that firing pin bushing won't look like that for long.

Dave, I thought of you and your 638 when I bought this little J-Frame.

Last edited:
I think you need to arrest yourself because you stole that gun.

Nice find!!!

^ That's what I was thinking!

Congrats nite! I know what it's like to have that one firearm that haunts your dreams until you finally get to bring it home. That's good stuff and I'm happy for you Sir...

Back