• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Smith & Wesson

Re: Happy Birthday!

Lol man I missed this since I've been playing modern warfare 3.
Happy birthday to you happy birthday to you happy birthday dear blue happy birthday to you.

My guess is a c o 2 cartridge....

I'm going to the old this month I'm gonna be 44 ohh my god.. november 23rd.

Happy belated B-Day to blue, SNIPER, GLG2 and ripjack13 !!

Wishing you many more...

birthday.gif

Thanks all! 48 is the magic number for me.

I was being a poop-head about "guess the object" It's a hawaiian guitar steel. Also sometimes known as a "bullet bar" in the Country lap steel world. Get it... Bullet Bar :lol:
1.gif

Here are my 2 Smith's.

Model 67-1 Combat Masterpiece .38 Special
SWModel67-138Special.jpg

Model 042 Airweight Centennial .38 Special
DSC00942.jpg

Nitesite has the nicest collection though. I love the Model 28-2.

blue said:
Bonus points to whoever identifies the object used to prop the gun up!

CO2 cartridge?
Nice M&P 45 BTW. I have yet to check one of those out. Big gun show in Indy in a couple weeks, I will check one out then.

Thanks, the 686 shoots like a dream. I sent it to S&W and they did a trigger job 18 years ago and its as good today as the day I got it back.

Nice!

My PC 629 has one of their Performance Center triggers and the action is smoothe as silk.

issue with S&W .375 mag #686

I've had this for several years and have fired it many times, but only with .38 specials. I have on occasion loaded up some of the .357 mag shells I have and have had no problem with them loading or ejecting. However, the other day I tried loading some of the same .357s in and they wouldn't go all the way into the cylinder. I had to use some force to snap them in the last 16th inch or so, and if I loaded all six cylinders, it took considerable effort to get them out again.

to my knowledge there has not been any misfires or mishaps since I've had it.

any ideas what would make these rounds stick so badly where they didn't before?

I was hesitant to even try to fire some at the range in case there could be an issue that would cause a catastrophic failure.

thanks.

Re: issue with S&W .375 mag #686

It's one of two issues, neither is serious and both are easily remedied.

A) - There is a carbon ring of burned residue inside the chambers from the shorter cased .38-Specials. If the ring is there, longer .357 cases won't easily drop in. Take a fired .357 Magnum case and run it all the way into each chamber. This scrapes out the majority of each carbon ring, sometimes enough for you to begin shooting .357s without sticking. Better yet, scrape the chamber walls as described and follow with a good soaking of powder solvent and then use a .40-cal wire brush dipped in solvent.

B) - Some really out of spec ammo where the bullets are seated so long that the bullet ogive hits the forcing cone in every chamber. Try different ammo.

Either way, it's not the gun and don't worry about a catostrophic failure!

Re: issue with S&W .375 mag #686

I agree with Nitesite, I had a similar problem with some 45 ammo, it would not chamber. An old-timer at my club field stripped my 45 and hand fit a few bullets in the barrel. As he suspected, it turned out that it was the ammo that had a problem. Way out of spec. Try a few new bullets from a different batch.

Smith & Wesson 59

Just picked up a S&W model 59 yesterday.
Anyone out here have one?
What are your oppions on the 59?
sw59_1-2.jpg

sw59_2-1.jpg

Very cool!

Don't have any experience with the model myself though. Had a chance to shoot it yet?

Back