• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Smith & Wesson

New member here..LAZY EYED SNIPER steered me to this forum
BTW...Beautiful S&Ws, everyone!!!!!!!!!!!
here is my current batch of wheelguns...
Small bores...
Left side...617-1, 617 no dash, 651 no dash (22 Mag.)
Right....617 no dash, K-22 Combat Masterpiece (1953), 34-1
SNW22S654783.JPG

K Frames, clockwise from top left..
66-4 (round butt with original Uncle Mike's conversion grips)
66-4, 3" made for RSR distributor.
66-2 snub
K-38 Combat Masterpiece
SNWKFRAME8454896.JPG

L Frames, 686-4 and 686 CS-1
686sw678769005.JPG

N Frames,
top row..625-3, 629-1 LH
middle row..27-2 (1963), 29-3 LH
bottom..627 PC, 6 1/2", 1 of 200 made for Lew Horton in '98
SNWNFRAME113234.JPG

Anybody else hear angels singing when you look at the last post?

Holy cow man, that is an OUTSTANDING assortment of S&Ws. Great lookin grips on them as well. Looks like we shop at some of the same places, I've got a set of silver/black like your 627 PC grips on one of my wheel guns. Thanks for posting...

LAZY EYED SNIPER said:
Anybody else hear angels singing when you look at the last post?

Holy cow man, that is an OUTSTANDING assortment of S&Ws. Great lookin grips on them as well. Looks like we shop at some of the same places, I've got a set of silver/black like your 627 PC grips on one of my wheel guns. Thanks for posting...

LOL..."angels singing"...thanks for the compliments!!!

Those grips on the 627 started out as the 'greenish' color ones but since they were not original i stained them after slightly reshaping them.
BTW, i really like your 629 PC snub. I want 627 version.

mope540 said:

Thank you Sir,

I absolutely love shoot'n that thing. My local shop has the same model in .41 mag in stock that I've been drooling over for a while. I'd like to get my hands on a PC 625 at some point down the road...

LAZY EYED SNIPER said:
mope540 said:

Thank you Sir,

I absolutely love shoot'n that thing. My local shop has the same model in .41 mag in stock that I've been drooling over for a while. I'd like to get my hands on a PC 625 at some point down the road...
A 625 PC would be a nice catch too. Grab one if you can, the .45s are really hot right now. The 625-3 in the bunch is a real sweet shooter, and is the last one that i'd ever get rid of. It took 2 years to find one at a decent price.

breech face question

I am not sure if I posted this on this site before, but I wanted to get some opinions on what you all think. I am contemplating buying another M&P off of a friend. I love mine so I figure why not have two. I broke it down and noticed the breech face has some kind of rippled pock marks. It isn't smooth. I have shot it before and it works fine but I wanted to see if anybody has ever seen this before or if it will cause any problems down the road.
IMG_20121115_161726.jpg

Re: breech face question

I'm glad you posted a picture but I can't tell enough due to the lighting. The best I can tell from looking, the pocking is underneath of the finish (and not exposed corrosion).

So, my guess, is the pocking is nothing more than rough toolmarks, probably due to a worn/dull mill cutter when they were making it.

If that's the case, I don't think it should cause any problems. But in my humble opinion worthy of a slight discount because it will count against you if you were to trade it in later.

yeah it is for sure under the finish. I thought it was dull tolling that created it as well. I don;t really plan on selling it if I buy it. He has about 150 rounds through it and I put about hundred so it still newish. Not sure if anyone else has shot it.

I understand.

The only reason I suggested asking for a little discount, is, it will count against you in the end if you did ever sell it considering it's not "perfect", always takes $$$ away in the end.

I got it for 275. Not bad at all. I sent the pic to S&W to say what they say. Everyone I had look at it says it is tool marks. Should be good to go.

Recent gun show find...4" 625-3. Came with box, tools, and original Pachmayer rubber grips. Now wearing Combats.

Attachments

• DSCN5808.JPG
    DSCN5808.JPG
    223.6 KB · Views: 229
I totally agree!

625 Smiffs are unbelieveable nice. Accurate as all get out and smooth like buttah.

So is that barrel ported 686 CS-1

And the 27-2 .357 Magnum in that mope540 pic..... God, what a jewel that one is.

oli700 said:
top shelf revolver there

nitesite said:
I totally agree!

625 Smiffs are unbelieveable nice. Accurate as all get out and smooth like buttah.

So is that barrel ported 686 CS-1

And the 27-2 .357 Magnum in that mope540 pic..... God, what a jewel that one is.

thanks a lot, guys!!

btw, that CS-1 is not ported. I'd only buy a ported Smith if it's a K-Comp, or L-Comp, etc.
And I'm sorry to say, but the 27-2 was sold the very same day that i bought the 625. It was in great shape and only getting more valuable. Sold it to a local collector that will take good care of it. The 625 will be shot..a LOT

mope540 said:
Recent gun show find...4" 625-3. Came with box, tools, and original Pachmayer rubber grips. Now wearing Combats.

WOW that's purdy!

Congrats on the find...

wife's pajama piece.

Attachments

• DSCF0008.JPG
    DSCF0008.JPG
    40.4 KB · Views: 391
  • DSCF0012.JPG
    DSCF0012.JPG
    49 KB · Views: 391
  • DSCF0013.JPG
    DSCF0013.JPG
    51.9 KB · Views: 391
not sure L.E.S.,,,its .32 cal,,and was cut down at one time.
i believe its 1877 or 1878.

Back