• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Mossberg Customer Service Thread...

I do have patience, and I understand it's a busy time of year. That doesn't mean you should tell people 7-10 days if it's going to take over a month. Systems crash and the cs Rep can't fix it... but I doubt the system just happened to be down every time i call trying to talk to someone. Hanging up after someone has been on hold for 20min is not ok at all

Folks, I dont disagree with the way you feel.

I love my Mossberg firearms, I have a few and enjoy each of them. I've been fortunate I havent had to deal with Mossberg with any regard to warranty, repair, or replacement.

I do also agree, if you were given a ship/delivery date, and that has come and gone without it even having left the factory, yeah sure I'd be ticked too.

Biggest difference though is I have never had any problem talking to someone.

I wish I were able to fix everything for you folks.

What I can tell you is that the point of this thread is to document some of OFM's shortcomings and for this information to be shared with them.

Can anyone tell me the the City and State where they are shipping their guns to for repair. I was given a 930 spx for my birthday by my wife 3 days ago, shot it once (80 rounds exactly), took it apart, reassembled it and the gas ring on the inside of the gas cylinder that sits below the heavy duty spring popped out. If I had the gun for say a year or two I might attempt to do it myself but I've only had it three days! Gun shot great but now the ring is out and I'm not going to destroy it trying to fix it. I live in Rhode Island and I'm lead to believe that the service center is in NewHaven, CT. Is this correct because I'll drive it to them just so I can sit there and watch them fix it. Man how depressing! I have one week of hunting season left and I wanted to use this, even froze my rear end off Christmas Eve zeroing it with slugs. Looks like I've lost again.

Ok... is there some sort of manager I should be requesting? It has now been 17 days since I placed my order, and when I called before I was told it would ship tomorrow. Call today to make sure that is still correct, and now they tell me it will be at least 3 MORE WEEKS?!? I love my shotgun... I really do, but this is unbelievable.

jennyfell55 said:
Ok... is there some sort of manager I should be requesting? It has now been 17 days since I placed my order, and when I called before I was told it would ship tomorrow. Call today to make sure that is still correct, and now they tell me it will be at least 3 MORE WEEKS?!? I love my shotgun... I really do, but this is unbelievable.

Javier Contreras

Any new updates jennyfell55? Hopefully good?

Called back on the 28th and demanded to speak to a manager, finally got someone named Louis (sp?). He said he doubted it would be 3 weeks, but couldn't check because "everything was shut down for the holiday" or something to that effect, and that I should call back this week. Tried calling back this morning, apparently January 2nd is also New Year's Day, since I got a recording that they're closed for the holiday. I'll call first thing tomorrow and ask to speak to Javier Contreras. Crossing my fingers I actually get my barrel before duck season is over :(

Doubted it would be 3 weeks, as in it's going to take more than, or doubted as in less than?

He seemed to be implying it SHOULD be less than 3 weeks, but also said he couldn't check so he couldn't say for sure that it wouldn't be that long. Seemed a lot like a "I can neither confirm nor deny that statement"

Ok progress... I think. This Javier must be the golden goose or something. Wouldn't transfer me to him... wanted to know who told me to talk to him... huge game of 20 questions. They did transfer me to someone who said he has me flagged as a priority and would call me since he is expecting to hear back from the warehouse either today or early tomorrow about when that barrel would be in. Since I didn't hear back from him today I'll be calling back tomorrow if I don't hear from him by around 2ish PST, since they close at 5pm Central time. One good thing came of the what seemed like hours on hold today though... he said it's being upgraded to expedited so they'll pay for it to be shipped 2nd day air. Hopefully he actually calls me back like he said he would tomorrow!

I hope to hear theyre gonna get you taken care of soon! Let us know...

jennyfell55 said:
Ok progress... I think. This Javier must be the golden goose or something. Wouldn't transfer me to him... wanted to know who told me to talk to him... huge game of 20 questions. They did transfer me to someone who said he has me flagged as a priority and would call me since he is expecting to hear back from the warehouse either today or early tomorrow about when that barrel would be in. Since I didn't hear back from him today I'll be calling back tomorrow if I don't hear from him by around 2ish PST, since they close at 5pm Central time. One good thing came of the what seemed like hours on hold today though... he said it's being upgraded to expedited so they'll pay for it to be shipped 2nd day air. Hopefully he actually calls me back like he said he would tomorrow!

Javier is an operations manager there and he helped me with my problem at least he was a couple months ago. Eagle pass tx is I believe where he said he was located.

Sent from Droid Incredible on Verizon Wireless

Sounds good so far...let's hope they don't drop the ball.

Someone under the manager I spoke to yesterday did actually call me... said sorry they still don't have any barrels. Said they MIGHT have some in around next week. I inquired when next week, he said maybe Thursday or Friday of next week. Then me they were going to "try to help me get expedited shipping". When I then informed him I was told yesterday that they were going to ship it 2 day air on their dime he stumbled a bit and then agreed 2nd day air. Maybe I'm just jaded at this point... but I feel like "maybe getting them Thursday or Friday of next week" is just a way to make me wait the 3 more weeks they initially quoted on the 27th. :/

I will be bringing these issues up with Mossberg at the SHOT show 2012.

Called back since something didn't seem right.. and apparently it wasn't. Got transferred to the manager who is in charge of my order and apparently the guy he had call me relayed info incorrectly. Manager said he is getting the barrels TODAY and they they should have it processed and shipped out next week, since it takes them a couple days to process. That makes me feel a bit better, but jeez. Next time I want something I guess I'll order 6 months before I need it :roll:

Holy cow....what a fiasco....that's just bad CS. You would think they'd hire someone competent to figure this out daily. Really. How hard can it be?

Back