• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

What's going on with the Canadian Convoy?

From what I'm hearing things are just ramping up for the weekend. I hear the main Ottawa convoy is going to be getting reinforcements as well as convoys in Toronto, Montreal and Manitoba too I understand. I'd guess something more than the Coutts border blockade will be happening in Alberta. I doubt there are more pissed off people than in Alberta...the Trudeau Liberals have been virtually shut out of Alberta and Saskatchewan for the last 2 elections.

I think it's great...long live the convoy! The worst fear of politician's is exactly this. Not only are they not blindly following orders they, they are doing something about it while inspiring others. The worst thing the government can do at this point is come down hard on them.

I'm really hoping this is signalling a fundamental, societal shift in thinking up here but I am cautious to not get too excited. With the left so easily controlling the narrative in the msm it will be tough to reach certain segments of the population. I just look at my 84 year old Dad who isn't the least bit computer literate and doesn't really believe that there is any information outside of the msm that is trustworthy. He still thinks news anchors and journalists today are like Walter Kronkite was....there is no comparison. I've told him many times those days are long gone but he has a hard time accepting that. I'm sure there are many in his demographic, among others that feel exactly the same way.

MSM is part of the cancer. The only way to cure it, is to eradicate it.

I know that would probably cause many to squirm, it's still the truth.

One report I heard from the canadian convey, they were protesting bad roads, urging infrastructure improvement.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2RqglwnF4AI

MSM is part of the cancer. The only way to cure it, is to eradicate it.

I know that would probably cause many to squirm, it's still the truth.

One report I heard from the canadian convey, they were protesting bad roads, urging infrastructure improvement.
You're right on both counts John.

However, the road conditions protest was much more limited in scope and not directly related to the freedom convoy. They were primarily protesting the winter highway conditions between BC and Alberta. Which I totally understand they are awful most winters and I'd say much worse on the BC side of the Rockies. The highway maintenance contractors vary from region to region in the province...but generally pretty lackluster service. Let's face it though, they've got a huge amount of road to cover and trucks, manpower and materials aren't cheap and these guys bid on the contract. Some do pretty good, others are mediocre at best and some just suck.

They didn't pick BC to produce the Discovery show Highway Thru Hell for nothing LOL...our winter highways and high mountain passes can be extremely treacherous. From heavy snow, to blizzard conditions and avalanches.

Just in case you don’t think the Canadian government, like all governments, wants control after control after control, there is exciting news over on the tropical fish forum.

Canada’s going to try stopping the importation of almost all pet species. If it swims, crawls, flys, or burrows, there will be less of it allowed.

Yeah, big time cover.

You guys in the great white north better be careful for false flags.

Yesterday, at the Coutts / Sweetgrass border crossing a number of local farmers joined the protest by driving their tractors and equipment around a police road blockade. These are the big tractors that farm thousand of acres and many were pulling equipment. Apparently the locals in Coutts have opened their town to the truckers and some are providing food, fuel and shelter. There are some news feeds that are telling the truth about these protests and showing the happenings.

This is a feed from yesterday afternoon which shows the real situation in Coutts vice what the MSM and governemnt is putting out.

Great link, for some reason I was surprised the was an American flag there. Seen the entire thing and that's "reporting" and I will start fallowing them on UTube. Thanks!

I just look at my 84 year old Dad who isn't the least bit computer literate and doesn't really believe that there is any information outside of the msm that is trustworthy. He still thinks news anchors and journalists today are like Walter Kronkite was....there is no comparison. I've told him many times those days are long gone but he has a hard time accepting that. I'm sure there are many in his demographic, among others that feel exactly the same way.

Yup... I spoke to my 82yo uncle a month or two ago. He still works 3-4 days a week in the electrical dept. of Home Depot. He's been there 20+ years, I think. :)

Anyhow, we talked of his health which is good considering (heart surgery has been successful past 5 years, skin cancer hasn't come back in 10 years). Of course, health talk drifted to CV in which he got a mild case (or so he was told ;) ). Pro-vax and pro-mask as I suppose an 82yo probably should be, but his "info" (propaganda) was coming directly from the "big three" of ABC, CBS and NBS. These channels are even WORSE for disinformation than the slimedia "news" channels as you now have the extra wokeness of the local channels and their "news" broadcasts. But that is how it was "back in the day", local news at 6, Cronkite at 6:30. ;) Although I think I enlightened him a little, I didn't want to spend our time arguing about Fauxrona. A gun guy and conservative all the way, we will be planning a trip to the range soon... :)

. . . Canada’s going to try stopping the importation of almost all pet species. . .

Well it appears that I panicked on this one. It is just Winnipeg that is starting a big fuss about this.

Anyhow if this law passes they can forget about owning amphibians, most reptiles, any large or wild caught species of fish and lots more.

Reading conflicting reports concerning donations to the truckers. Looks like after florida said they'd investigate the company for fraud, gofundme is refunding money now.

From one report:
https://www.thegatewaypundit.com/20...onations-begs-crowdfunding-sites-follow-suit/

Hours after the digital highway robbery, the Ottawa Police Department (OPD) tweeted out a statement that thanked the crowdfunding platform for caving to the city’s demands to withhold funding from the protesters.

The OPD statement also called on other platforms to follow suit, while labeling the grassroots movement against Canadian Prime Minister Justin Trudeau’s authoritarianism an “unlawful demonstration.”

We want to thank GoFundMe for listening to our concerns as a City and a police service. The decision to withhold funding for these unlawful demonstrations is an important step and we call on all crowdfunding sites to follow.”

This whole GoFundMe cancellation is a really dangerous step they've taken towards realizing authoritarianism. The authorities have just confirmed exactly what everyone is protesting...overreach and suppression of dissent. These are dark days for democracy.

I know it may seem kinda stupid but I can't help but think of that scene in Star Wars: The Revenge of the Sith..........."So this is how liberty dies....."

https://www.starwars.com/video/so-this-is-how-liberty-dies

The amount of people and media cheering on the government as they move to bring this protest to an end is entirely disturbing yet not unexpected.

Ottawa mayor declares state of emergency as police threaten arrests for bringing gas to Freedom Convoy
Approximately 500 vehicles remain in the Canadian capital
https://www.foxnews.com/world/ottaw...-threaten-arrests-bringing-gas-freedom-convoy

Excerpts:

The statement went on to explain that the emergency declaration offers the city greater flexibility "to manage business continuity for essential services for its residents and enables a more flexible procurement process, which could help purchase equipment required by frontline workers and first responders."

--------
Nicholas Wansbutter, who was retained by the Calgary-based Justice Centre to represent the Freedom Convoy, condemned the actions of the Ottawa Police as potentially illegal.

"People who bring food, water, gasoline or other supplies to peacefully protesting truckers are not breaking any law. There is no basis for this police threat, that was issued by Twitter this morning," Wansbutter said in a statement provided to Fox News.
----------
"In a free and democratic society that is governed by the rule of law, citizens can freely associate with each other, including the giving and receiving of goods and gifts. There is no law that would allow the Ottawa Police to arrest people for giving fuel or food to another Canadian," Wansbutter continued. "The truckers themselves are exercising their Charter freedoms of expression, association and peaceful assembly, as they are legally entitled to do."
----------
Demonstrators have said that they do not plan to leave the protest until the mandates are lifted.
---------
Ottawa Police announced Sunday morning that more than 450 tickets have been issued since Saturday morning for offenses ranging from excessive noise and seatbelt violations to obstructed license plates and improper mufflers.
----------
Ottawa Police Chief Peter Sloly raised eyebrows last week when he suggested the possibility of calling up the Canadian military to quell the ongoing demonstrations.

Yeah, this just gets deeper by the minute. These lefties and wannabe dictators are just $h*tting themselves thinking about what happens when even more people get wise to this destructive game they are playing with our most basic principles of freedom and democracy.

If you are not permitted to dissent, no matter how well organized or funded you are it is no longer a free society. Period. Full stop. There is no if's and's or but's.

Freedom of speech and freedom of association are the most basic underpinnings of any free society...without them you are not free. There is nothing else to say about it.

Back