• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Bolt Action Rifles

Yup,

Both mine pictured above came with the stock 5rd internal mag and trap door. The AICS units come with their own DBM kit pre-installed. It was between these or the JAE-700 from J. Allen Enterprises...

The JAE-700 is a great set-up, but there is a freakin mile long list of options to sort through to have one built. The AICS are simple, straight forward, and I'm really partial to the thumbhole grip anyway...

I LOVE THAT STOCK!!!!!! What does that run? I have seen it many times on SniperHide but no one replies there... :/

Blind Mag! That's It!! lol Sorry for my slight stupid moment :)

Nope, that's just for the stock.

The stripped shell without all the goodies starts at $799, no cheek riser, butt pad, rails, sling swivels, palm rest, etc. By the time you get done adding your options you're in the $1500-$1800 range...

When you add those "extra" options on, are you essentially fitting the stock to you, or just adding bells and whistles?

...little bit of both I suppose.

That's one of the reasons I went with the AICS to begin with. I didn't have to add any "extras" to get the features I wanted...

Absolutely,

When I end up get'n my hands on an M1a I'm still trying to decide if I wanna drop it into a Sage EBR or the JAE-100...

yeah.. I will agree with Oli... EBR all the way!

I can't believe that stock is more then the AICS... Wow. Thanks for the info! haha

I picked up a Savage 111 in .30-06 yesterday to go with my Bushnell Elite 6500 2.5-16x42 with the DOA 600 reticle. It has the cheap black plastic stock on it currently, but I am eyeballing a Boyd's Classic stock in either camo laminate or the nutmeg laminate. I will post up some pics soon.

I like the Camo Laminate too, however, 30-06 just seems like a rifle that should be kept "traditional" lol Nutmeg and a good Leather sling would look awesome!

Agreed. I need to start looking for a leather sling for it. I have been looking at the Outdoor Connections SuperSlings. I have several of those and they have been great.
I am also considering converting it from the blind mag to the hinged bottom style for ease or unloading.

The newest addition to my hunting gun battery.
Savage 111FNS .30-06 with EGW 20MOA base, Burris XTR 30mm rings, and Bushnell Elite 6500 2.5-16X42 with the DOA600 reticle.
The next item is a Boyd's Classic laminate stock.
DSC01217_zps85a46386.jpg

Excellent looking firearm! Looks like my Fiance's .243.. oh wait it's the same model lol
For the lack of care her father and brothers have given it, it still shoots like a dream! If I can give Savage anything, it is that they produce one hell of an Awesome firearm!

Back