• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

First line of defense, Tactical Dog Thread!

NEVER let your wife volunteer at a shelter!!!!!!!!
She went in to the shelter the other day and there was a puppy about 10 weeks old in there.
Well now we are fostering this puppy through the holidays unless the owners show up for her.
Now plenty of people can actually foster dogs....we are not that kind....we get attached.
So I am figuring that in about a week or so we will have a new dog.
She is a Bluetick Coonhound that we have named Holly (Christmas time you know).
Riley our Pitbull has been playing with her for HOURS!!!!!!

385600_4518970726607_1124303382_n.jpg

521339_4519039848335_1557999655_n.jpg

15521_4519857508776_1247317163_n.jpg

nice man, you and your wife are good people. I always feel for animals.....much more then people in general.

oli700 said:
nice man, you and your wife are good people. I always feel for animals.....much more then people in general.

I hate people but love animals!! :
Really true, ask my wife..I am what some would call a people person...but I hate most of them :lol:

HK.. said:
Mge 1 are those Cane Corso's? Me and the wife are seriously considering one for are next pup.

iPhone using Tapatalk

Yes both Cane Corso. We love them, great gentle giants...

ripjack13 said:
OMG mge!!! Tank and Viper are awesome looking! I really love their color, the brindle is just my favorite scheme.

Thanks... Viper is right next to me Snoring up a storm lol. And yes the brindle color we love as well.

oli700 said:
All I'm saying is I would die for him*........

IMG_0840_zps0e0be1b4.jpg

^^^*I admire you for that..

Man, oli, that is a great shot. I love them pups. Mine too. Even though she's a big ol meow.... :cool:

Oli,

Couldnt say it better myself. Here are my two.

Jager

Chateau

Frank

Attachments

• Jager.jpg
    Jager.jpg
    55.3 KB · Views: 343
  • Chat.jpg
    Chat.jpg
    136.1 KB · Views: 343
My two Nikas 7 months old and Osiris is 10 weeks

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1359701148243.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1359701148243.jpg
    69.8 KB · Views: 339
  • uploadfromtaptalk1359701265274.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1359701265274.jpg
    80.8 KB · Views: 339
  • uploadfromtaptalk1359701297322.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1359701297322.jpg
    118.6 KB · Views: 339
Beautiful pooches fellas.....I love the German shepards....

awesome dog pics everyone, love them all

LES....he went and got his last rabies shot, weighed in at 93 lbs and his brother .....116 !....they are growing fast.
IMG_1055.jpg

a dog story

I am a new guy here and I feel the need to share this story.

My family has recently inherited a 7 year old English Springer Spaniel "Bruno". His previous master Mike had asked my wife and I to tend after Bruno when he passes. Joyce and I gladly obliged. Mike was 72 when he passed away a few months back and Bruno was his baby. After the long trip that Bruno had to take to get to his new home, it was very apparent that he missed his master and companion. Although happy here, we could just tell Bruno was just not himself. Mike was a hunter, we just did not know how much of a hunter, he kinda kept that part of his life secret from us not being hunters ourselves.

Onto the story:

My wife had been out of town for a few days and our 3 young daughters were spending the weekend at grandmas house. So I am hanging out with Bruno and I decide to go out on our gated deck and cycle a few rounds through our newly acquired Mossy 930. I took aim at a recently cut down 100 foot+ oak tree stump and fired one off, (I have not shot a gun near Bruno before). Bruno went crazy (in a good way) rear legs moving faster than his front, back and forth to the gate to me and back. My first thoughts were crap I just scared him not thinking of his previous hunting life.

I slid the back door open to take Bruno inside where he took off like a bat outta' hell upstairs (again his rear legs moving faster than his fronts) he retrieved his "quacking" squeaky duck toy. He bolted down the stairs, slid across the hardwood floor and wound up at my side with his little nub tail wagging a mile a minute and sat down offering up our "kill". I have never seen Bruno this happy. Here it is a couple of days later and Bruno is just carring that duck around like a trophy, "happy happy happy", we can see the smile on his face and its a welcome that we have been waiting for him, he is like a puppy again.

I have a couple of hunter aquaitances here that I will ask if "we" could accompany next duck season.

I hope Mike is looking down with his own smile.

DSCN1554_zps7fa26dfa.jpg

sorry for the crappy pic.

Back