• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

First line of defense, Tactical Dog Thread!

Good looking Springer and a cool story.
You might want to try him hunting upland.
You never know it could become yours and his passion.

great story Rick,and i'm sure Mike is up there saying, "good boy good boy".
thanks for sharing. :)

Awesome story man, thanks for sharin it with us!

I can't see the pic, but I'm familiar with the dogs, they are good lookin dogs for sure!

My experience with hunting dogs, when they see the gun and hear you fire they start lookin for a bird and watchin them work is among the most beautiful sights ever!

That would be awesome if you'd be able to get him out for some hunting!

Thanks for the replies guys. We just hope that Bruno stays happy.

I am going to ask around if anyone knows of a bird hunter around here.

I think every dog has their purpose (Job to do). I work a shift schedule, I am gone for 3 weeks then home for 3 weeks. My Shepherd knows when I am leaving, he gets depressed and starts moping around the day before. My wife tells me that as soon as I am gone he is on High Alert. He is always at her side, barks at anyone coming to the house, and roams the house at night while she sleeps. She gets kind of annoyed with it, because when I am home he is calm and melow. I told her he is doing his "JOB". As soon as I leave, he is the man of the house protecting his female. It is awesome and amazes me how they just pick up on things.

Goergous looking pup. Sounds like you have a new member of the familly. All you have to do every once in a while is pop of the shotgun and throw the duck and he will be happy.

Frank

The English Springers are also used to flush upland game sometimes. You could even look into purchasing a handful of quail and setting them out on public hunting fields. And then take him for a walk. See if he can pick up on the scent and flush em. Even better if you shoot any and he retrieves! ;)

Frank, thats how our previous dobermans had been. They sensed when it was time to do their HD duty. It was kinda wierd because they were never trained to be guard dogs.

Rossignol, good thought but we don't need to hit the public land(s), we have quite a bit of acreage here. I do know that Bruno will go after chickens, so quails I am sure is on his list.

The one in front is Morkie...... She is a 3 year old boxer lab mix.... The one in the back is Traz.... She is a 1 year old boxer pit shepherd mix.....

D3A72058-EC8A-4814-BB2C-B941D322434B-730-000000610C34C3AA.jpg

I sure do like me some Pitbull pics :) ! Probably the most misunderstood breed out there.

Hiking the lake trail yesterday and got this cool pic of my pooch I had to share….

Beautiful dog Oli. Looks like somebody is ready for a swim. Oh, yeah, nice pic too.

Back