• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Is ammo coming back???

OhioArcher said:
Not if the DHS has its way it appears:

The Oklahoma Republican called the buy-ups intentional and referred to testimony last month from Nick Nayak, the Department of Homeland Security’s chief procurement officer, who said DHS has the right to buy up the ammunition.

“I believe it’s intentional,” Inhofe said. “Now we had someone testify the other day the DHS, the Department of Homeland Security, has the ‘right’ — this is a bureaucrat that said this — they have the ‘right’ to buy as much as they want, and they’re planning to buy 750 million rounds. Well, that is more than three times the amount that our soldiers are using for training to defend our nation. So, it’s just another effort to restrict gun activity and ownership. We have in this country the Second Amendment, that preserves the right to keep and bear arms, and the president doesn’t believe in that.”

Read more: http://dailycaller.com/2013/05/06/inhof ... z2T7SnXfOm

No, they do not have the right to buy whatever they want. They can buy whatever the taxpayer is willing to pay for. People forget that the Govt has no money of it's own, nevermind they are accountable to We The People.

GunnyGene said:
...they are accountable to We The People.

I wish this was not "Easier said then done"... Between the Ammo Stock Pile, Benghazi Treason and UnConstitutional Everything going on.... We would have this country back on the right track!

GunnyGene said:
No, they do not have the right to buy whatever they want. They can buy whatever the taxpayer is willing to pay for. People forget that the Govt has no money of it's own, nevermind they are accountable to We The People.

Things have changed since WW2 and it has gained momentum in the last 20 years. It is there money. They are not accountable to the people anymore.

We the people, for the people and by the people.

But when the head honcho isn't one of the people (cough cough photo shopped birth cert) well then how can we expect the rest of the lot in office to follow the wishes of the people?

Every Academy and Wally World around here still has a black friday feel to it every morning folks think the ammo truck's arrived. Fortunately 12 gauge is mostly under the radar and I can saunter in mid day on and avoid all that ruckus.

I actually just traded off some of that milgrade buck stuff for some 9 mil. Dudes been so eager to get all the handgun ammo he could that he had gotten dangerously low on shotgun stuff so I lucked out on this trade. I really got the better end of the deal. If he only knew that its been relatively easy to find that brown box mil buck stuff just about anywhere. I've seen it at big box retailers and some local mom pop gun shops too. Oh well, that's what he got for not paying attention to the rest of the ammo shelving at various retailers. He believed it was a rather rare find being mil grade and all. Buyer beware I say. How could I not jump on a trade that I knew I was coming out on top in the end? You would have too.

I think once this frenzy's calmed down two things will happen. People who couldn't move thier ammo at stupid prices will be stuck with caliber's they dont even have a weapon for or just some obscene amount of something they do. They will be willing to trade for those calibers they are short themselves on. Will be a good thing for those who were patient and didn't get caught up in the price gouging. Trades or deals will be in their favor.

Australia and New Zealand are about to get hammered from the U.S. ammo shortage:

Ammunition wholesalers in Australia are expecting one of the biggest supply shortages in recent history with American civilians purchasing arms at record speed.

Scrutiny of gun laws in the United States is thought to have sparked the gun sales boom, with the flow-on effects expected to reach Australian shores within weeks.

Some of the most popular bullets will soon be unavailable in Australia and New Zealand and will not be restocked for about another six months.

Firearm importers in Australia are being told to brace for supplies to run extremely thin or completely dry within weeks.

Importer Jade Cleaver says he has been buying more than usual in anticipation.

"We've been stockpiling ammunition in a sense so we don't run out," he said.

"Basically the American community is consuming the ammunition and the ammunition manufacturers can't keep up."

Australia's eight main firearm wholesalers source about 80 per cent of their stock from the United States.

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2013-06-...t-in-australia-as-us-citizens-buy-big/4742048

Hey guys, here's what I got from the LA area

6/7/13 Walmart Pico Rivera, CA 4 boxes Winchester Slugs (5 shells) at $4.97 each
6/2/13 Walmart Oxnard 5 boxes of State OO buck (25 shells) at $23 each

Other than that pretty much empty

Isn't it amazing?!?

I was told last night by a Walmart Manager in their Sporting Goods Section to start looking at 30-06, .270, 30-30 .243 to be drained out completely as Rifle Season rolls around... Everyone will be stock piling that ammo for deer and such game out of fear that it won't be made anymore and stupid shit. Some guy bought an entire case of 30-30 before I was able to grab a box. He bought 3, his wife bought 3, his son bought 3 and his Daughter bought the last box in the case.

I was so unbelievably pissed.

We are run completely dry of anything 12 gauge since that is the new "Tactical HD Weapon" thanks to our Reject of a VP... 20 gauge is falling through slowly as well. Leaving 30-06, .270 and 7mm the last on the shelf... for now

Sportsman Warehouse came through with the gun powder list they are keeping.
I was on the list for 2 months and they came up with a couple pounds of IMR 3031 for me, wooohooo 600+ more rounds of AR food

Couple places are having decent ammo stock and everywhere that has it also is enforcing limits on the quantity any one person can purchase a day

seems to all be coming back around on line and in LGS's, prices still slightly inflated. Reloading components seem to be pre Sandy price locally and in some online reloading sites

I conquer with the Reloading prices being Pre-Sandy, but they are mostly out of the popular calibers and weights. Powder is still harder to come by then most other things and Primers are going to people who have an in at the P&M Supply (CAC).

Seeing ammo at Cabelas in Texas starting to fill their shelves along with cheap magazines and plenty of AR's.

Big shipment of PMC ammo of all varieties were back in stock at our Walmart yesterday... still a 3 box limit per customer though, just gotta convince my wife to go buy some as well!

Stuff is getting easier to find, but it's definitely not back to anywhere near normal, in my book.

Last Sunday afternoon, I found several handgun calibers in the local WalMart case. A dozen boxes or so of 9mm, .40 S&W, .380, and .45 ACP. No .357 Mag or .22LR. None of those calibers were in the case last month, but that's still a heck of a long way from pre-November 2012.

Local gun store is doing better, but still has some spotty shortages. For instance, they had a couple dozen boxes of .357 FMJ, but nothing in hollow point.

I'm noticing a lot more availability at GunBot.net. The prices aren't quite all the way back yet, but they are improving. That isn't something I would have said a month ago.

Hopefully, the folks who bought up existing available ammunition with the express purpose of marking it up and reselling it are now starting to choke on it.

I'm crossing my fingers that the trend I'm seeing here will continue in the coming months. Take care. Tom Worthington.

my walmart has some ammo, but nothing I want.

And from the looks of it, nothing that nobody else is wanting either. Just obscure calibers. 25, and 32, etc.

John A. said:
my walmart has some ammo, but nothing I want.

And from the looks of it, nothing that nobody else is wanting either. Just obscure calibers. 25, and 32, etc.

Funny you should mention those obscure calibers. My neighbor just got a deal on a .32 pistol. He said the fact that he could find ammo for it was a significant selling point. The world has gone upside down. Take care. Tom Worthington

I used to shoot a lot of .32 when I carried my 3032 Tomcat. Don't shoot it much anymore though, it feels like a firecracker goin off in your hand. My little .25 Jetfire is a lot of fun to shoot and I usually don't have any trouble finding ammo...

At Wally world (Arizona) I saw some Tula .223 & 7.62x39, Win PDX .45, buck & slug. .243 & 30.06 this last Saturday, Aug 3, 2013. Not a lot, but more than I've seen in a while.

Shelves still bare in Walmart in ny for the most part. 12g birdshot is making a comeback. You can score ammo at LGS still at reasonable prices.

Whew! It's been too long since I stopped by the forums to chat...

Walmart is absolutely bare but I swung BY!!!!! Dicks, I know I am a traitor for stopping there, but they do have A TON on .223/5.56, .45acp and some 9mm. Their prices are through the roof which would explain their strange stock amounts though.

20 rounds of PMC .223 is $17.99 and 50 rounds of Blazer Brass .45 is $34.99........ 9mm was all over the place for 50 rounds.

Gander has SOME stuff left, none of my glorious 200 round pack I was wanting to get... surprise.

Back